Monday, September 14, 2009

you're fine.

There are problems, and there are real problems. The vast majority of us don't have real problems. Our failure to appreciate this difference constitutes a major distortion of thinking--which has proved to effectively destroy more lives than all war and disease combined.

Listen, I know what's happening in this world--there are liars and cheats, there's prejudice, violence, greed, sickness...I know what's happening. I'm not going to let it deter me from living my life, though. Look, I live in this world, too. I'm tired of bad days and carrying this attitude around with me on my brainwaves. So long to all of that shit.

I feel like being cheerful. Not necessarily because I have things to be cheerful about but because I can't imagine being happy without first feeling happiness. I'm happy to live in this world with all it's shit, drudgery, and broken dreams. It is still a beautiful old world.

No comments:

Post a Comment